Thursday, January 6, 2011

BlackBerry CrackBerry PieceOfCrapBerry

Let's see, where do I begin???
It all started when Verizon gave me the option for an early phone upgrade about a year and a half ago. Being the genius that I am, I decided to go with the overpriced BlackBerry Storm....which ended up going back 5 times due to all kinds of awesome defects. By time #6, I was given the option of a brand new phone, so I chose the BlackBerry Tour. Again, I'm a genius.

I'm on Tour #9 now, and there isn't shit I can do about it until my plan runs out and I either can get the iPhone on Verizon (assuming that ever becomes an option), or switch to AT&T (take that VZW!)

Now I don't want to sound like I completely hate BlackBerry, cause I don't. In fact, there is one thing, and one thing only, that I am scared to live without...and that is BlackBerry Messenger. BBM is like this little exclusive club with barcodes and groups and PINS for only my friends and I and I adore it.
What I don't adore is my phone needing to be charged about 7 times a day, my SMS/MMS/BBM/phone calls all going off to tones that I didn't set, the phone freezing CONSTANTLY, the trackball failing to do it's one designated job of rolling, recorded videos magically not being supported even though they were recorded from this device, and my personal favorite is that sometimes my phone gets an error message when it's on the charger telling me that the device I'm using to charge the phone is the wrong one...it's the fucking charger that came with the phone, if any charger is perfect for it, it's that one!
Now, I can't tell for sure if it's Verizon Wireless being shitty with the phones they supply to their customers or if BlackBerry just puts out an absolutely horrendous product. I know people who have BlackBerries on AT&T, Sprint and T-Mobile who haven't experienced nearly as many issues as I have.
Which leads me to believe that it's all Verizon Wireless's fault.
I was so excited when I first joined the CrackBerry Cult, I thought it was going to be the best 2 year contract phone experience of my life, but I was greatly disappointed. This phone is nothing like crack to me, in fact it's more like methadone. By the time my plan runs out, I'll never want a BlackBerry again, I won't even want to look at a BlackBerry, or be around people who are still using BlackBerry.
So, with all this said....here is an Amazon ad for the iPhone 4 because I'm so ironic like that.

No comments:

Post a Comment